August Cooking Class
Sunday, August 12th at 3PM
August Menu - Japanese Cooking Class
This will be a fun and unique class building on skills I learned from a previous class with Japanese cookbook author, Elizabeth Andoh. Elizabeth taught a Japanese cooking class with Healthy On You a few years back. There, I learned some fundamental concepts of Japanese cooking and in this class I will put my spin on things with both the Japanese Omelette and the Miso Soup with Clams recipes. This will be a very hands on class, so get your chopstick skills on! Also, feel free to bring a bottle of sake along with you to share with the group. New to class? Contact Sam for a 20% off coupon code, good on your first Healthy On You cooking class!
- Signature Cocktail: Grapefruit, Ginger, & Lemongrass Sake Spritzers: A perfect accompaniment to the Japanese theme, this yummy drink will get you into the spirit.
- Japanese Rolled Omelette - Learn the technique for making this beautiful rolled omelette which will look like a sushi roll once finished. It takes practice and the right tool, but once you get the hang of it, you'll want to make it again and again. It is infused with sake your choice of green vegetables and herbs and spices to add color and additional flavors.
- Miso Soup with Clams - Learn the traditional method for preparing miso soup, from dashi to miso-it all makes a difference in the delicate flavors.
- Asian Spiced Chicken Wings - Spice up your wings with these marinated, then baked chicken wings. This recipe uses my my Asian Spice blend to create a complex flavor profile that includes, ginger, anise and cumin. Yum!
- Cold Sesame Salad (gluten-free) - Soba noodles are my new favorite! They absorb the flavors of the sesame ginger marinade and is packed with nutrition with added vegetables. And its even better the next day!
- Tapioca Mango Delight - This is a class favorite for earlier this year. This delicious and fruity tapioca desert is dairy free, healthy and a perfect topper for the evening's fare.
*menus are subject to change without notice
*Cancellation Policy: The cancellation policy enables me to bring you cooking experiences that are small, intimate, and hands-on. Any cancellation up to two weeks prior to your class start date will be refunded 100%. Cancellations up to 5 days before your class start date will qualify for an online credit to be applied to another class. No refunds, credits or class transfers will be issued for cancellations received less than 5 days before your class start date, however, you may always send a friend in your place if you’re unable to attend.
*Note: this will be the last class at the $95 price for repeat guests. Beginning in September class prices will increase to $125 but will remain $95 as an introductory price for new guests